BMW is launching the Ultimate Driving Experience, a nationwide tour that will offer dynamic behind-the-wheel driving programs through ten events in nine markets for a total of 90 event days. A popular component of The Ultimate Driving Experience will be the Teen Driving School, which is an extension of the BMW Teen Driving School curriculum taught at the BMW Performance Center in Spartanburg, SC.
The Ultimate Driving Experience will visit the Seattle, area at Emerald Downs from July 25 through August 2. All programs, with the exception of the Teen Driving School, are for those 21 years of age and over with a valid driver’s license.
The Teen Driving School is a fully interactive, two-hour teen driving course featuring the BMW X1 and 228i that will be offered at no cost. The Teen Driving School will provide an introduction to driving theory and improving driving skills through classroom instruction, driver awareness activities and hands-on driving exercises. A main focus during the Teen Driving School will be creating awareness about the consequences of distracted driving with special emphasis on texting while driving and how it affects not only teens but everyone who drives a vehicle. Eligible drivers under the age of 21 with a valid learner’s permit or driver’s license can register for the school.
The Ultimate Driving Experience will feature over 90 BMW vehicles, from BMW i to BMW M. Attendees will have access to a truly immersive experience including:
• Dynamic Drive Experiences are professionally guided demonstrations of the BMW 535i Sedan and X5 xDrive50i that include Hill Descent Control, which is a BMW electronic function that allows for safe descent and proper vehicle balance on uneven surfaces, and Skid Pad, showcasing vehicle control on wet surfaces;
• Street Drives that allow for 20-minute self-guided test drives per vehicle of a range of BMW vehicles including the BMW 2 Series, 4 Series, 6 Series, X Models and the all-electric BMW i3;
• Autocross, a 2-hour challenging, closed-course driving program featuring the BMW 3 Series, 4 Series and X4, that pairs attendees with BMW’s Professional Driving Instructors for a dynamic experience that highlights advanced driving theories, defensive driving techniques and culminates in a pulse-pounding laps around the track;
• Car Control Clinic, a full-day driving school that allows drivers to get behind the wheel of the powerful M4, M3 and M235i for an adrenaline-filled day of driving with individual instruction from BMW-certified Professional Drivers. Drivers will develop a sharper understanding of BMW’s responsive handling and performance while learning advanced driving theory. The Car Control Clinic is offered for a fee of $750.
• Additionally, The Ultimate Driving Experience will feature a main pavilion with interactive displays.
For more information and to register for The BMW Ultimate Driving Experience visit: http://www.bmwusa.com/ude
or call 800-558-4BMW (4269).
Location and dates subject to change.